...was named for the late industrialist and former President of the Board of Education. Ground was broken on 26 May 1930, and construction completed in September 1931. The WPA started construction of Page Stadium in 1934.
The facility was designed to serve 2400 students.
The first principal was Merritt C. Nauts, a former history teacher at Waite High School. He remained in that position until he retired in 1960. Under his guidance DeVilbiss became and remained an elite school, with national academic ranking.