Friday, April 10, 2009

DHS Fight Song

Geez, I didn't know we had so many fight songs, even Princeton's? Thanks for clearing up a life time fight song confusion for me. I perfectly knew "March Tigers down that field" except for the second line. Never could understand what everyone was singing. Obviously, I didn't have a fight song book at the time.

"March Tigers down that field
By crashing play through line or end
Fight, fight we must not yield
for our honor to defend,
Rah, Rah, Rah.

By crashing play through the line? That didn't make any sense to me at all. Still doesn't but I get it. I doubt that it would to Rose Bloom, either. This was my version:

"March Tigers down that field
"Da...da.da....da....da... da... da da."

How  fight song-deprived I was to go nearly 50 years singing Da....Da!

Loved the "World of Me, Me." thanks to Roger Brett, class of '62. Being me, me was what to wear, make up, perfectly combed doves, saddle shoes, having such great teachers who were real mentors. Well, most of them anyway.

I have also wondered what the youth of today will hold dear to the days of their youth. The nurturing stability of family, wonderful friends, faith, and a life time relationship with God will always be youths foundation. Those ingredients are still seeds planted for a better world. How wonderful that we can say that in here. Those from the "World of Me, Me", if we have any hopes of preserving or renewing all that was life precious, as the lyrics of a song goes, "Let their be peace on earth and let it begin with me."

Not to fret Roger, if our topics became boring or we not have something better to do with our time, Dave-o wouldn't have somewhere in the number of over 700 cake eaters in here. Thanks again, Roger

A Cake Eater news item. Did you know that cake is an anti-aging food, especially the frosting?

HAVE A HAPPY EASTER AND PASSOVER,

-- Polly East Kingsley Class of '60, [mailto:PollyA03@aol.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment