Monday, March 9, 2009

Kin Wa Low

Hi Dave,

I made two visits to the Kin Wa Low restaurant on Cherry Street. The first time I saw and heard the under rated singer Nellie Lutcher. The second time was more memorable. Jan August was the featured performer. Usually a band leader, Jan was pulling a solo gig. We had three couples together, danced, spent a nice evening. The next morning I got a phone call from a mother of one of the other two guys in our three couple group. She asked if I knew what happened to Dave. I told her no. It was all solved that evening when I received a phone call from a Monroe, Michigan motel. Dave was talking over a loud noise of water running. He said he was in the shower with his girl friend Tony who was now his wife. They ran away and got married.

Maybe it was the chop suey at Kin Wa Low's? What?

-- Tuffy Reason, DHS, '51

No comments:

Post a Comment